Dr. Ravi Pandharinath Andhale
Academic and Education Officer
- B.Sc. (Agri.) with CGPA 3.41/4.00, with First Class from MPKV, Rahuri in 1989.
- M.Sc. (Agri) (Ag. Met) with CGPA 3.64/4.00 with distinction from MPKV, Rahuri in 1993.
- M.Sc. (Agri) (Agronomy) with CGPA 8.53/10.00 with distinction from MPKV, Rahuri in 2002.
- Ph. D. (Agronomy) with CGPA 8.97/10.00 with distinction from MPKV, Rahuri in 2012.
Summary of Experience (as on 12-12-2017)
- In the cadre of Junior Research Assistant : 12 Years and 1 month
- In the cadre of Assistant Professor : 12 Years and 5 months
Teaching and Research
- Taught various subjects to postgraduate students and performed other related tasks such as exam paper setting/ examining/ evaluation of students at MPKV, Rahuri.
- Actively involved in revision of curriculum for undergraduate degree programme as per the recommendation of IV Dean’s Committee by participating in the Director of Instruction Co-ordination Committee meetings
- Actively involved in preparation of norms for recognition and evaluation of Agriculture and Allied Colleges formulated by Director of Instruction Co-ordination Committee meetings.
- He has undertaken the updation of laboratories by involving in purchase and procurement of State-of-Art Equipments viz., Pressure Plate Apparatus, Photosynthesis System, Line Quantum Sensor for College of Agriculture, Pune/Dhule and Kolhapur during the year 2008-09.
- Created and used the facility of Interactive Classroom Solution for technology mediated teaching for the course AGRON 505 from the year 2009-10.
- He has assisted in coordinating and implementing “The Productivity Enhancement of Dryland Agriculture in Western Maharashtra” the Project sanctioned by the ICAR as “Institute of Excellence” and funded by special grants of 100 crores for the year 2008-09 to 2011-12.
- Successfully handled the Agromet Advisory Services Project funded by IMD, New Delhi and carried out the activities like issuing Agro advisory bulletins, SMS services for Farmers, thereby involving in Research and Extension activities.
- Issued Agromet advisory services through SMSs by making use of Information Technology through the farmer’s portal started by Government of India.
- Involved with the work of Accreditation of the University in the year 2008.
- Recognized University teacher to supervise/ guide Post Graduate Students of MPKV, Rahuri .
- Guided 5 M. Sc. (Agri) Students.
Member of academic/ education and research related statutory bodies
- Board of Studies in Agronomy, Mahatma Phule Kishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri.
- Board of Studies in Agril. Meteorology Mahatma Phule Kishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri.
- Member of State level committee on Use of IT in Examination Reforms (2012).
Externally Funded Projects
- Gramin Krishi Mausam Seva : Funded by IMD, New Delhi as Co-Nodal Officer.
- Co-Principal investigator for the International Project on Climate Change Knowledge Network in Indian Agriculture.
- Co-Principal investigator RKVY Project on Irrigation Water Regional Advisory Services
Citation H-Index: 4 and Number of Citations: 55
- Research Papers in Journal: 33
- Full length Research Papers in the Proceedings of Conferences/Seminars: 20
- Editorial Committee Member of Books: 4
- Recipient of Silver medal for standing first in B.Sc. (Agri.), 1985-86 and1986-87.
- NCC Best cadet Silver Medal, 1987-88.
- ICAR fellowship for M.Sc.(Agri) in Agricultural Meteorology,1989-92.
- Best Poster presentation award at National level in the National symposium on “Agricultural diversification for sustainable livelihood and environmental security held at PAU, Ludhiana during 18-20 Nov. 2014.
- Best paper award in International conference on “Recent Research Development in Environment, Social Sciences and Humanities” held at Delhi University, New Delhi on 27th Sept., 2015
- Attended 28th International Training on “Agricultural Meteorology” during 20th May to 18th June, 2002 at Tel Aviv, Israel