Soil Science Lab
Soil, Plant, Water and Fertiliser Testing Laboratory
Soil analysis is a valuable tool for determination of the inputs required for efficient and economic production. Soil, Plant, Water and Fertilizer testing is essential for various of reasons, including optimizing crop production, protecting the environment from contamination caused by runoff and leaching of excess fertilizers, assisting in the diagnosis of plant culture problems, improving the nutritional balance of the growing media, and saving money and energy by applying only the amount of fertilizer required.
This laboratory, called as Soil, Plant, Water and Fertilizer Testing for research and extension agencies, students and farmers for its advanced facilities, reliability of analysis, and an efficient advisory service. The Laboratory offers soil, plant, fertilizer and irrigation water analysis services to the students and farmers for distribution of soil health cards and water quality reports. A regular advanced level trainings and on farm demonstrations in soil testing, plant analysis and water quality assessment is also imparted for the farmers, students and scientific and technical personnel associated with soil testing.
- Soil and plant testing for macro- and micronutrients
- Irrigation water quality assessment
- Fertilizers and Manure analysis for total nutrient content
- Soil, plant, fertilizers and manures analysis for heavy metals and pollutant elements
- Advisory on balanced fertilizer use
- Advisory on management of problem soils